Drift Limits are a young, busy, rapidly expanding company, providing a stimulating working environment and scope for development. Below are a list of our current vacancies:
If you cannot see anything that suits you, please still feel free to get in contact. For any job application we require an e-mail to be sent to email@example.com including a few details about yourself and what work/job you are looking for, along with your up to date C.V.
The face of Drift Limits could be you!
We’re looking for a friendly go-getter with a passion for cars, great customer services experience who can wow the crowds, excite and entice as well as assist with all queries at our front desk.
Located right in the heart of the action at Drift Limits Motorsport Academy, you’re our first point of contact for guests and responsible for starting their journey in a detailed yet friendly manner.
Front of House – Reception
This role is a customer facing role, so great customer services skills and prior experience are a must.
You’ll be responsible for greeting customers and signing them in, ensuring they do so in a safe and secure manner and covering all pieces of important information for them to get them on their way.
You’ll discuss our products and services with your in-depth knowledge, assist with queries and issues and take payment for any extra activities they decide to take on the day.
With strict procedures to follow in line with GDPR and safety, great attention to detail is a must.
Handling and recording payments as well as checking customer bookings and details will require usage of computer systems, a knowledge of spreadsheets and web-based databases is a great help – but full training will be given.
Occasionally serving customers in our café, experience using coffee machines and touch-screen tills can be of great merit – although again full training must be given.
We’re seeking someone who has a friendly heart, an open mind and a passion for service.
You’ll be trained in our admin systems to be able to quickly check and search for customer information on bookings to quickly and effectively solve any queries. This training can evolve into future growth within the company.
- Customer Service Experience – we need someone who can jump right in with customers, learn fast and think on their feet.
- Basic IT Skills including – Word Processing, Spreadsheets, calculation.
- Financial – you’ll be working with money and recording data on sales, so attention to detail here is a must.
- Friendly, upbeat manner – A nonchalant temperament won’t get you the position.
- Desire to prove and improve – We’re looking for staff who want to go places. Many of our top team started in this role.
- Organisation and cleanliness – With so much happening, keeping an organised workspace that’s clean and tidy is a must.
Salary dependent on experience.
Please include expected salary with your covering note and CV.
Applications via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
This is an exciting opportunity to join our industry leading Driving Experience & Motorsport Academy centre in a pivotal role.
We are seeking a friendly, sociable, well structured and organised individual with an impeccable attention to detail, great communication skills and a focussed attitude.
Experience in administration is a must, with impeccable English literacy and language skills who can communicate effectively and efficiently in a polite, friendly manner.
High Level of IT Skills are a must, with adaptability and inter-suite skills required.
Ability to use web-based software (eg: Google Suite) as well as traditional Office Software is highly important. Spreadsheet experience is mandatory.
The ability to multi-task and prioritise jobs is crucial, with time and task management abilities being prioritised only behind accuracy.
An interest in cars and motorsport is beneficial but not essential.
The Applicant will be employed in a full-time position and will be based at our office in our rapidly growing driving experience centre or at our performance garage ‘DL Performance’ – both located in Hemel Hempstead.
The candidate can choose to work for 5 or 6 days a week (reflected in salary) Mon – Sat. 8am – 6:30pm depending on season.
The applicant will be mainly responsible for dealing with customer enquires on both email and telephone calls in addition to processing driving experience bookings through our website.
The ability to oversee and work with others in a team is a must – with communication between team members, co-operation and distribution of tasks being a priority.
The ability to effectively train future colleagues once you have mastered procedures is an admirable trait.
They must be computer literate with a grounded understanding of word and excel spreadsheets, but most importantly be approachable, enthusiastic and sociable towards customers and peers.
· Administration Experience.
· Great Organisation Skills.
· Impeccable Attention to Detail.
· Perfect English Literacy and Language Skills.
· IT skills including Office Software with Spreadsheets a must.
· Multi-Tasking Skills and ability to prioritise and work efficiently to deadlines.
· Friendly telephone manner with ability to drive a conversation effectively.
Ideal but not Essential
· Team-Leading Experience.
· Collaborative workload Experience.
· Training Experience.
· Interest in Motorsports, Motoring and Knowledge of Cars.
· Experience with web-based platforms such as Google Suite, WordPress etc.
Please send a CV with covering letter via email.
Salary dependent on experience, please state your salary expectations on covering letter.
Driftlimits Track Instructor
Join the team at our renowned Motorsport Academy and drive your passion into a successful career at Drift Limits.
We are seeking experienced car technicians or experienced track drivers who have a passion for cars and instructing guests in a customer facing role. The applicant must be able to competently carry out light mechanical duties in addition to delivering exceptional customer service as an instructor. Being well-organised, presentable and personable to our guests is key. Prior experience in a performance garage / race team or track driving/racing would be beneficial. Full instructor training will be provided in supercars on racing lines, customer service and car control.
Applicants will be employed with a full time contract to work at our track in Hemel Hempstead. Flexible salaries based on 5/6 days a week.
Working days are Monday to Saturday with Sundays and Tuesdays off optionally.
Normal hours of work are: Weekday Summer Operational Days: 8.30am – 6.15pm.
Non-operational summer days: 8.00am – 5.30pm.
Winter operational and non-operational days are as follows:
November-December: 8.00am – 4:15pm
January: 8:00am – 4:30pm
February: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Summer days are between March and October, Winter days being between November-February.
Operational days are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
Non-operational days are Tuesday and Saturday.
Occasional special operating Sunday hours, 8:30am-5:30pm will come into effect, which will be pre-approved by a Manager at an additional £100 per day.
Bonus scheme allows the successful applicant to earn up to an additional £20 per customer review on top of the regular salary.
The applicant must be flexible with working days willing to work Saturday AM at a minimum.
Range from £18k – 22k per annum depending on experience.
Please apply with a covering note and C.V to email@example.com
Careers at DL Performance
Our leading motorsport centre is looking for a well experienced and enthusiastic technician to join our friendly team!
We have an exciting array of race cars and supercars which you will be required to maintain, service and repair where needed, for our sister company, Drift Limits Motorsport Academy.
We also work on customers performance vehicles specialising mainly in Japanese sports cars and other high end performance cars.
You will be required to work as part of a team, lead where necessary whilst being confident to work alone as required.
• Ability to rebuild an engine.
• Good fabrication skills, MIG welding is essential. TIG ideal but not essential.
• Fault diagnosis on ‘digital’ and ‘analogue’ vehicles
• Ability to think outside of the box to fix or improve the implementation and functionality of performance parts.
• Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
• Good foresight and planning – ability to assess a job’s timescale and foresee issues.
• Friendly manner with good customer service skills.
• Use of own car – The workshop is in a private rural setting, not far from the track.
• Recognise preventative and reactive work required to ensure continued vehicle operation.
Ideal candidate will also be/have:
• Engine dyno tuning skills and experience.
• TIG welding skills and experience.
• Thorough understanding of electrical systems and components.
• Well organised with prior experience working in a performance garage.
We have an onsite secure carpark. Working hours are flexible however Saturdays are a must. There is the option to work either 5, 5.5 or 6 days per week.
The position offered is full time and salary ranges from £20,000 p/a to £35,000 p/a.
Salary is flexible depending on skill and hours worked.
Our opening hours are Monday – Friday 08:00 – 18:00 and Saturday 08:00 – 17:30.
Holiday entitlement reflects hours worked per week.
We await your application, please send a CV and covering note to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ability to liaise directly with customers at point of ‘Check in’ ensuring full transparency of customer expectations.
- Full responsibility for quality workmanship to the vehicles or tasks at hand. High levels of initiative and enthusiasm required.
- Ability to partner with various teams across the organisation of Drift Limits to share critical information gathered and share best practices to help improve our levels of maintenance and care of our fleet and overall customer experience.
- The ability to lead, guide and support fellow technicians to achieve highest quality work in the most efficient manner possible.
- Extensive specialist knowledge with supercars and modified performance / race cars.
- Ability to maintain a high technical skill level and full awareness of all the latest technology to help maintain customer cars and our own rapidly growing extensive fleet of supercars.
- Proven ability to work and communicate effectively with her/his team and peers across the organisation.
- Established ability to be self-directed and work independently, with strong organisation skills prioritising work and on occasional instances staying to complete the job when required.
- Exceptional capacity for managing simultaneous activities and challenges.
- Strong analytical problem solving skills and hands-on experience with diagnostics, tools, instruments.
- Must be able to quickly and accurately diagnose both mechanical and electrical issues and solve them under pressure.
- Experience with complex automotive mechanical systems such as drivetrains on Nissan GTR and ability to rebuild engines / differentials to an impeccable standard aswell as the ability to fabricate and weld bespoke performance parts.
The workshop is based on an attractive farm in a secluded location and allows for plenty of space for car parking. In this exciting action packed working environment the applicant will find a great sense of team building companionship involving very interesting and fun build projects.
A full time position is available, contracted hours are 8 – 6.00 with an hour lunch break. The applicant has the option to work 5.5 or 6 days per week.
Range from £22k – 35k per annum depending on experience.
Please apply with a covering note and C.V to email@example.com