Event Terms & Conditions
- Definition of Event – “Driving on the Drift Track under supervision with in car tuition on grip cornering and controlled skidding”
- Definition of Drift Track – “The drift track at Bovingdon Airfield, Upper Bourne End Lane, Hemel Hempstead, HP1 2RR”
- Definition of Event Operator – “Drift Limits”
Before you are allowed on any live circuits at Drift Limits you must have:
- Read and signed a copy of this indemnity form (Under 18’s also need parental/guardian consent); and
- Produced an original current driving license on the day of the Event.
Lost property will be kept by Drift Limits for up to 28 Days. After this period left items will be donated to charity or disposed off.
I hereby declare that:
- I wish to participate in the Event organised by Drift Limits which involves the driving of motor vehicles at speeds not exceeding 100mph and controlled skidding.
- I understand that motorsport is hazardous and I am voluntarily exposing myself to the risk of personal injury and damage or loss to my personal belongings by participating in the Event.
- I understand that racing is prohibited at the Event and that the purpose of the Event is to allow participants to improve their driving skills and learn the handling and braking characteristics of the car provided.
- I understand that the landowner and/or the Event Operator will not provide insurance upon which I may claim in the event of any personal injury or damage or loss to my personal belongings occurring at the Event and that my own insurance (if any) is unlikely to cover me for any losses, liabilities or personal injury arising.
- In the event that an experience is cancelled by the Event Operator a re-booking notice will be issued for the participant to follow, this notice period may change dependant on the circumstances.
- I understand that in the event of my driving being deemed too dangerous or my chosen vehicle leaves the circuit due to my own error, Drift Limits Ltd has the right to end my experience
- I agree and acknowledge that I am participating in the Event solely at my own risk and I accept that the landowner and/or Event Operator have no responsibility for my personal safety or my personal belongings or any accident or injury which may occur as a result of my participation in the Event.
- I am fit and healthy and my eyesight (with lenses if to be worn) is adequate for track use.
- I hold a current full driving license entitling me to drive on public roads in the UK with a car of the size and type equivalent to that of the car provided.
- I am aged between 17 and 75.
- I am under 20 stone
- I meet the height requirements specified for the event (see product description).
- I do not have any hearing difficulties which will obstruct me from understanding the drivers briefing and in car instruction.
- I agree and acknowledge that to take part in this experience I need to understand and speak the English language.
- I understand that a refund shall not be issued for a media package / individual components of the media package unless a fault is found.
- I will not participate in the Event whilst under the influence of alcohol or intoxicating drugs.
- I understand a Saturday surcharge is per person, not per order.
- I understand there are no baby changing facilities or disabled toilets at the venue.
- Whilst driving on site to and from the Drift Track I will adhere to a 10mph speed limit at all times.
- I understand there are no baby changing facilities on site.
I understand the following: –
I myself am responsible for the way in which I use the track and for wearing appropriate protective clothing.
That the Event Operator may refuse access to the Drift Track if I infringe any relevant rules or regulations or act in a dangerous fashion or for any other reason which they deem fit.
I will wear a seat belt at all times when in the car provided.
Cancellation by Drift Limits
Drift Limits may have to cancel an Event due to circumstances arising beyond its control, for example adverse weather conditions. This will usually be in the interests of safety. Where an event is cancelled in its entirety for such reasons, Drift Limits will endeavour to notify participants of the cancellation, although Drift Limits cannot guarantee that participants will be informed of such cancellation before the date of the Event. Where an event is cancelled in its entirety for such reasons, Drift Limits will endeavour to offer either a place on an alternative, later event (subject to availability) up to the face value of the existing booking.
On the rare occasion that the vehicle you are booked in to drive suffers a mechanical failure or the venue experiences such adverse weather conditions that driving cannot take place, Drift Limits will offer an alternative vehicle where possible or will allow for a re-booking to be made within 90 days. No refund will be offered.
Cancellation by you
If you are unable to attend the booked Event, please call or email our team as soon as possible. In these circumstances, Drift Limits cannot offer a refund of the Event fee paid. Once the Event has been booked and paid for this is final and the Event cannot be refunded. You may be able to re-book but this will be subject to a re-booking fee and/or an additional Saturday surcharge fee (Saturday surcharge if placed on a Saturday), you will have 90 days from your original event date to re-book. A re-booking fee will not be required if we are given more than 21 days notice of your cancellation however an additional Saturday surcharge may be required regardless of when your notification of cancellation was sent, only one free re-booking is permitted per booking. Please note that a re-booking fee/s may be required even if the booking has not yet been confirmed.
Acknowledgment of Risk
I agree to make no claim of any kind against the landowner or Event Operator or their officers or agents in respect of injury or loss I might suffer during the Event (except for personal injury or death arising from negligence on the part of the Event Operator) and to indemnify them against any costs and losses which they might incur as a result of any claim made against them by anyone to the extent that such costs and losses are attributable directly or indirectly to my participation in the Event.
I acknowledge that the use of the vehicle provided at the Event is entirely at my own risk.
Should any car be damaged as a result of my participation in the Event then I will bear full responsibility for the costs of repair, save that my liability for damage to any vehicle owned by Drift Limits will be limited to £1400+VAT in each case. Please note a collision damage waiver can be purchased for £35 for F1000 experiences and £25 for all other experiences to exclude yourself from being liable to pay the £1400+VAT excess however this is experience dependent. Please contact us for more information if required.
The Event Operator may revise these terms at any time by publishing an amended document on its website (driftlimits.co.uk) or by displaying a notice to this effect at the Drift Track. Please check the Event Operator’s website from time to time to take note of any changes made, as they are binding. These terms will be superseded by any notices displayed by the Event Operator at the Drift Track
Death or Personal Injury:
The Event Operator’s liability is not limited by the above disclaimers and declarations in relation to the death or personal injury arising from negligence on the part of the Event Operator.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law.